The Lower Rhythm has released Explor3r Extended, a virtual monosynth instrument plug-in for Windows.
Based on the synthesizer behind our 2009 KVR Audio Developer’s Challenge entry, Explor3r Extended is a three oscillator monosynth with channel-dedicated amplitude envelopes, lowpass filters and LFOs — all glued together with a matrix that allows both phase modulation and sync inputs on each oscillator to be fed by the output of any other oscillator (including itself).
After the main channels are done producing their sound, it is fed into various texturizing pathways that offer everything from ‘tube’ saturation to a noise channel w/high cut, ring mod, global filtering & delay. Although absolutely designed to perform as an analog-style monosynth, we’ve also included the option to switch into a three-voice poly mode for those of you with a bit more CPU headroom.
Explor3r Extended can create anything from fat, complex leads to buzzy basses, droning sound effects, sweeping pads and terrible, screeching chaos.
Explor3r Extended features
- 3 oscillators with dedicated envelopes, filters, tuning and LFOs.
- Phase mod and sync matrix, allowing any osc to feed any other osc.
- Global texturizing including delay, noise, ‘tube’ saturation, ringmod and filtering.
- Rooted in monosynth design, but includes the option to switch to a 3-voice poly mode.
- 35 presets, ranging from basses to leads, pads to sound effects.
Explor3r Extended is available as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC, priced at $11.99 USD.
More information: The Lower Rhythm