ThinkGeek releases Bliptronic 5000 LED Synthesizer
ThinkGeek has released Bliptronic 5000, an LED synthesizer.
If HAL 9000 mated with R2-D2 and their electronic offspring was tutored by Kraftwerk it would probably end up something like the Bliptronic 5000 LED Synthesizer.
At once a minimalist musical plaything and a hardcore old-skool synthesizer, the Bliptronic defies categorization as it belts out 8-Bit style style tunes from its grid of glowing buttons.
You’ll notice sound similar to a retro Casiotone with an interface not unlike a simplified Yamaha TENORI-ON… if that makes any sense. Either way, once you start touching the keys of the Bliptronic you’ll be hooked by it’s simple pattern-based approach to music.
Bliptronic 5000 features
- Unusual retro synthesizer is played with a grid of glowing buttons.
- Create looping patterns and change them dynamically while playing.
- Chain multiple units together and create more complex melodies.
- One octave range. 8 notes can be played simultaneously.
- 8 different old-skool synth sounding instruments to choose from.
- Sounds created using FM waveform synthesis.
- Set the BPM (beats per minute) from 60 to 180 in 20 BPM increments.
- Built in speaker with headphone jack and line-out jack.
- Front panel is constructed from brushed aluminum.
- Includes, manual and 2 link cables for connecting additional Bliptronic units.
- Requires 4 x AA batteries (not included).
The Bliptronic 5000 is available to purchase for $49.99 USD.
More information: Bliptronic 5000