Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Thomas Mundt releases LoudMax v1.05
Thomas Mundt has released version 1.05 of LoudMax, a look-ahead brickwall maximizer effect plug-in for Windows.
Look-Ahead Brickwall Limiter driven by an Automatic Gain Control.
Maximum Gain can be adjusted with a Drive Slider. Maximum Output Level can be adjusted with the Output Slider.
LoudMax v1.05 features
- Supported Samplerates: 2kHz-384kHz.
- Possible Overdrive without audible distortion: 730dB.
- No oversampling, no meters.
- Latency and Attack Time: 1.25ms – 1 Sample.
- Release Time: Automatic, depending on the input.
- Maximum Release Time: 1360ms (after that time in any case the output signal reaches 99% of the desired level).
- Minimum Release Time: 13.3ms.
- Linear Attack Curve, S-Type Release and Automatic Gain Control Curves.
- Low CPU Usage: ~15MHz @ 48kHz Samplerate on my Intel Pentium D.
- No VST 2.4 64-Bit support, but internal audio processing with 80-Bit LongDoublePrecision.
LoudMax is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
Download LoudMax here.