Time+Space has announced the release of Garritan Harps, an innovative collection capturing the sweet, pure and powerful sound of this enchanting instrument.
Garritan kicked off the virtual harp revolution more than 12 years ago with GigaHarp and today Make Music has announced the release of Garritan Harps, which utilises the power of today’s technology to deliver a pristine sound and authentic playing experience.
This virtual instrument features a variety of harps including Salvi Pedal, Venus Concert Grand and Lyon & Healy as well as a host of special features that deliver an unprecedented level of realism. Encompassing advanced glissando emulation, sampled acoustic spaces, and much more, Garritan Harps gives musicians, composers and producers the tools to easily recreate the enchanting sound of the harp in their music.
Special features include full-ranged harp articulations – traditional angelic-sounding harp plucks, harmonics, Pres de la table, picked, dampened, and other types of playing techniques. Through a variety of options, Garritan Harps also makes playing glisses accessible to any musician.
- Pure, pristine sounds
- Each string was sampled for the entire life of its natural decay.
- The sound of each string is sweet, pure, powerful, and dynamic with minimum crosstalk.
- Full range of harp articulations
- Traditional angelic-sounding harp plucks (gentle, soft, medium, and loud).
- Special effects include harmonics, Pres de la table and damping.
- You can also perform chords, arpeggios, trills, tremolos, and bisbigliando.
- Heavenly Glisses
- Unique built-in keymapping emulates the pedals of a harp so you can play realistic harp glissandi and arpeggios that can be performed in real time and customised to your music.
- Glisses are easily played in Garritan Harps by running one’s fingers up and down the keyboard.
- Compatible with both Mac and PC and all the major sequencers, Garritan Harps ships with the acclaimed ARIA player, which includes Ambience Reverb and Convolution Sampled Reverb. With this technology, the sound of specific performance spaces can be captured and shared – Garritan Harps offers more space perspectives and flexibility than any other professional harp instrument.
- The standalone ARIA Player also allows anyone to load and play back MIDI files and produce audio recordings of the MIDI file or live performances, without additional software.
The Harps library is available from Time+Space, priced RRP £74.95 GBP / €86.95 EUR (Download), £89.95 GBP / €105 EUR (DVD).
More information: Garritan Harps