Tobias Erichsen and Thomas Tautz have announced midipad, a multi-touch midi controller app for the iPad/iPhone.
The striking feature of midipad is its ability to directly communicate via network-MIDI-protocol. So there is no need to install any communication-peer-software on the Mac! Simply plug-and-play via Apple Bonjour – wireless. This kind of connectivity has not been used in any similar iphone-software.
This multitouch-capable midi-controller-application communicates with your Apple Mac your Windows-based PC and even standalone hardware-synths via Wifi.
So you can control all of your music-applications with just a few finger-gestures without having to sit at your desk and no annoying cable.
- iPhone OS
- Communicates with MacOs and Windows based PCs
- Communicates with stand-alone-applications and hardware
- Communicates via network-MIDI-protocol
- Plug & play via Apple Bonjour, wireless-LAN
- Multitouch Interface
- Preconfigured setups: studioView, djView, launchView, fxView.
More information: midipad