Tokyo Dawn Labs releases Feedback Compressor II
Tokyo Dawn Labs has announced the final version of Feedback Compressor II, a free compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The TDR Feedback Compressor II is a major design update of its critically acclaimed predecessor. The compressor is dedicated to the highest fidelity stereo program (2-buss) compression, but shines equally in classic mixing tasks.
Most modern compressors analyze the input signal to control gain reduction. This is known as a “feed-forward” topology. The TDR Feedback Compressor II, however, analyzes the output. This approach delivers unobtrusive and highly musical compression characteristics which mean the compressor is able to handle complex signals with ease.
Feedback Compressor II has been carefully tuned for intuitive and musical operation for almost every situation.
Feedback Compressor II features
- Beautiful “Feed-Back Compression” sound and behavior.
- 64bit floating point precision for all relevant calculations.
- Multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy, critical operations run up to 8 times the original rate.
- Delta oversampled signal path (bit transparent without processing).
- Three side-chain filter slopes: 3dB/Oct, 6dB/Oct and 12dB/Oct.
- Super fast and natural sounding compression..
- Independent release controls for peak and RMS compression.
- Unique control scheme.
- Crest Factor control.
- Advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus.
- Delta preview mode. Allows to preview the difference between compressed and original signal.
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted).
Feedback Compressor II is a free effect plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).