Tone2 announces ElectraX v1.2 update
Tone2 Audiosoftware has announced an upcoming update for ElectraX, its flagship synthesizer instrument plugin for Windows and Mac.
ElectraX means not only having four powerful synthesizers in one interface – it’s the next generation of high-end audio equipment.
Explore the vast musical universe of multi-synthesis oscillators, analog modeled filters, chaotic fractals, samples, psychoacoustic processing, flexible modulation and an immense sonic range.
Changes in ElectraX v1.2
- New features:
- Filter section has been extended with Fractal Filters. These completely new filter types are excusive and not available from any other company.
- Native 64 Bit standalone version.
- Create 4x stereo unison patches with ‘copy’ button.
- ‘Load patch to synth’ allows to stack up to 4 patches for fat multitimbral sounds.
- The OSCs support drag&drop for wav import and resynthesis.
- Samples longer than 10 seconds can be loaded now.
- Analog modeled ‘Moog’ filter (analog controls self oscillation and non-linearity).
- Analog modeled State Variable Lowpass with Filter-FM (analog controls FM amount).
- Nonlinear 12dB Lowpass ‘LP Shaped’.
- Mod Matrix destination ‘Start’ sets OSC start phase or Sample start point.
- Mod Matrix destination ‘Mix’ crossblends between filter1 and filter2.
- Mod Matrix sources ‘Midi CC’, ‘Breath’, ‘Foot’, ‘Expression’, ‘Hold’…
- Mod Matrix source ‘VoiceNr’ returns a value which depends on the current voice number.
- Mod Matrix source ‘NumKeys’ counts the number of pressed keys for more dynamic expression.
- Mod Matrix source ‘KeySat.’ returns a saturated version of key follow.
- Mod Matrix source ‘Impulse’ returns a 1ms long impulse which can be used for attack sounds.
- 12 additional analog ‘Decay’ envelopes as sources in Mod Matrix.
- Loop/Single is automatically set on sample import.
- Octave/Semi is automatically detected from sample name (e.g. Piano_A-3.wav).
- Last directory is remembered on wav load and fxp load/save.
- Improved graphics with 4 new skins.
- FM on/off, OSC on/off, Distortion type and Sync can also be changed during playback now.
- An OSC which is FM modulated by a deactived source does not longer output noise.
- Many improvements in sample handling.
- Up/down controls show an arrow and are more smooth to handle.
- Improved sound in glide mode.
- ElectraX is more robust against broken Midi data which is sent from hosts.
- Improved CPU compatibility.
- Waiting icon is show during patch load.
- Improved ‘analog’ psycoacoustic mode.
ElectraX for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 189 EUR / $199 USD. The version 1.2 update is scheduled for release this June.