Tone2 Audiosoftware has announced an upcoming update for ElectraX, its flagship synthesizer instrument plugin for Windows and Mac.
ElectraX means not only having four powerful synthesizers in one interface – it’s the next generation of high-end audio equipment.
Explore the vast musical universe of multi-synthesis oscillators, analog modeled filters, chaotic fractals, samples, psychoacoustic processing, flexible modulation and an immense sonic range.
Changes in ElectraX v1.2
- New features:
- Filter section has been extended with Fractal Filters. These completely new filter types are excusive and not available from any other company.
- Native 64 Bit standalone version.
- Create 4x stereo unison patches with ‘copy’ button.
- ‘Load patch to synth’ allows to stack up to 4 patches for fat multitimbral sounds.
- The OSCs support drag&drop for wav import and resynthesis.
- Samples longer than 10 seconds can be loaded now.
- Analog modeled ‘Moog’ filter (analog controls self oscillation and non-linearity).
- Analog modeled State Variable Lowpass with Filter-FM (analog controls FM amount).
- Nonlinear 12dB Lowpass ‘LP Shaped’.
- Mod Matrix destination ‘Start’ sets OSC start phase or Sample start point.
- Mod Matrix destination ‘Mix’ crossblends between filter1 and filter2.
- Mod Matrix sources ‘Midi CC’, ‘Breath’, ‘Foot’, ‘Expression’, ‘Hold’…
- Mod Matrix source ‘VoiceNr’ returns a value which depends on the current voice number.
- Mod Matrix source ‘NumKeys’ counts the number of pressed keys for more dynamic expression.
- Mod Matrix source ‘KeySat.’ returns a saturated version of key follow.
- Mod Matrix source ‘Impulse’ returns a 1ms long impulse which can be used for attack sounds.
- 12 additional analog ‘Decay’ envelopes as sources in Mod Matrix.
- Loop/Single is automatically set on sample import.
- Octave/Semi is automatically detected from sample name (e.g. Piano_A-3.wav).
- Last directory is remembered on wav load and fxp load/save.
- Improved graphics with 4 new skins.
- FM on/off, OSC on/off, Distortion type and Sync can also be changed during playback now.
- An OSC which is FM modulated by a deactived source does not longer output noise.
- Many improvements in sample handling.
- Up/down controls show an arrow and are more smooth to handle.
- Improved sound in glide mode.
- ElectraX is more robust against broken Midi data which is sent from hosts.
- Improved CPU compatibility.
- Waiting icon is show during patch load.
- Improved ‘analog’ psycoacoustic mode.
ElectraX for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 189 EUR / $199 USD. The version 1.2 update is scheduled for release this June.