Tone2 Audiosoftware has released a new public beta of its Icarus wavetable synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
An update for Icarus is available. It includes a large number of new features, enhancements and some bug fixes.
Changes in Icarus Beta 3
- New features:
- Added new patches.
- New Resynthesis mode “Easy create patch: Resynthesis + PingPong Loop 100%”.
- New Resynthesis mode “Easy create patch: Resynthesis + PingPong Loop 50%”.
- New Resynthesis mode “Easy create patch: Resynthesis + Repeating Loop”.
- Some additional effect templates.
- Tool->Copy current FX to FX1/2/3.
- Tool->Swap FX1/2/3 and FX1/2/3.
- Next to the matrix semitones now can also be accessed with ‘Unison Mode->Semi’.
- Next to the matrix pitch now can also be accessed with ‘Unison Mode->Pitch’.
- Reworked all factory patches.
- Enhanced the design of diodes.
- Selected tabs are now blue instead of dark.
- Osciallators, which are switched to off are greyed out.
- Enhanced interpolation to reduce crackles with modhweel, pitchwheel and aftertouch.
- Replaced Flanger und Stereo Flanger with a better one.
- Slightly enhanced sound of degrader.
- Added parameter smoothing for osc volume, osc pan and EQ.
- Templates are sorted to the end of the category list.
- Slightly enhanced sound of EQ.
- Matrix slots 1-18 have been renamed to A/B/C 1-6.
- Prevented a long processing time which happened when a huge wav file was selected.
- Renamed some morphmodes to make them properly fit to the box.
- Colors of wavetable editor in second instance now are the same as the first one
- Bug fixes:
- Several minor fixes.
- Fixed a small bug in the patch browser.
- Fixed a bug with midi program changes.
- Mousewheel has been deactivated for osc1 wavetable selector.
- Fixed wrong colors on Mac.
The new public beta is available for download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU). A license for Icarus is available for purchase for 149 EUR.