Tone2 has released FilterBank3, a filter plugin which is also a complete VST synthesizer and a flexible multi-effect unit.
From the product page:
The modular design and flexible modulation routing give you nearly unlimited possibilities. With self-oscillating filters, oscillators and feedback it can create complete sequences and textures. FilterBank sounds are impressive and absolutely unique. The built-in step sequencer can create rhythmic sequences with some mouse clicks.
- 58 high-end stereo filters
- semi – modular architecture
- flexible routing
- 2 anti-aliased OSCs/LFOs with BPM Sync and 11 wave shapes
- alias free FM and AM
- 12 over sampled types of distortion
- 20 types of surround delay, reverb
- 237 presets
- can be loaded as synthesizer as well as effect
- vocal filtering, equalizing, phasing, flanging, compression
- step sequencer
- Midi learn
- autosync to BPM
- realtime frequency display
- envelope follower
- Tool tips and help functions
- VST 2.4 / AU, stereo, 64 Bit accuracy
FilterBank3 is available for Windows VST (Mac VST/AU coming soon), and costs 59 EUR / $79 USD.