Tone2 has announced the release of AkustiX Enhancer version 1.1, including major enhancements in sound quality, performance, lower latency, per channel insert support and 64 bit
AkustiX Enhancer is a collection of enhancement effects designed to complement the mix and mastering process. Combined into an intuitive user interface AkustiX offers six powerful mixing effects: Psycho EQ, Stereo Width, Ultra Stereo, Phase Enhance, Multi-Exciter and Smart Filter.
Each effect is based on the latest developments in psycho-acoustic research and offers multiple ways to customize your recordings by using psycho-acoustic processing to further shape and enhance your sound.
Changes in AkustiX v1.1
- Enhanced performance.
- Reduced latency.
- Enhanced sound for Virtual Surround, Silky Surround, Tone, Diffuse Cream, Noise Reduction and Clarity Enhance.
- New Exciter algorithm.
- Faster loading.
- Enhanced re-sampling in 48, 88 & 96 kHz.
- New features:
- Smart installers for PC and Mac which automatically detect the plugin directory.
- 64 bit Mac versions (VST and AU plugin; universal binary; requires OSX 10.5 or higher).
- 0 ms latency (if the host software supports it).
- Additional HF filter for 88 & 96 kHz for smoother sound.
- Fixed an exotic bug where programs were not loaded properly.
AkustiX for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 59 EUR. The update is free for all AkustiX customers.