ToneBuilder has released Driven Machine Drums Strikes Back, a drum and percussion sample library.
“What if a time-capsule was discovered that contained never before heard drum machines… With the classic character of the 909, 808, 707, SP1200, Drumulator, and Linns…”
“What if Don Buchla created a drum machine…”
“What if that time-capsule also contained a drum machine from the future…”
These are the questions I had in mind, a game I played, during the creation of Driven Machine Drums Strikes Back. But the real questions are what would you do today with these sounds, what genres could you invent, who’s mind could you blow?
A few people enjoyed Driven Machine Drum and wrote in asking me to continue working on sound design, so I decided to sell a large portion of my kit and double down on some of the best analog and digital synthesis technology available today… if not the best.
DMD Strikes Back features
- 2072 Premium Designer Drum Samples.
- 24-Bit/96kHz WAV, 24-Bit/96kHz AIF.
- Intelligently organized and labeled for optimal creative work-flow.
- 16-Bit/44.1kHz WAV, featuring premium dithering/SRC and 8 character names for classic samplers such as the MPC and Akai series.
- 22 FXPansion Geist and Guru Kits.
- Deluxe Edition: Logic EXS-24 programs (also compatible with Digidesign’s Structure).
- Deluxe Edition: Native Intruments Kontakt programs.
Driven Machine Drums Strikes Back is available to purchase for the introductory price of $69 USD (Standard Edition) $77 USD (Deluxe Edition) until October 31, 2011.
More information: Driven Machine Drums