Tonehammer has announced Little Pump Reeds, a new sample library for Kontakt.
Tonehammer decided to fully embrace this ancient wisdom by deep sampling three different type of pump reeds in the form of the serious Shruti Box – and the more childlike Plastisax and Baby Accordion. We wanted to sample these instruments both to cover more of the drony type of reeds, but also to cover more children like instruments, which are often forgotten in the world of professional sampling.
The Shruti Box is a small wooden keyboard instrument using a system of bellows. It is traditionally used as a drone instrument in Indian classical music and in a variety of new age music. The Plastisax is a childrens type of instrument emulating a soprano saxophone, but sounding more like a harmonica. The Baby Accordion has a similar “naive” sound as the Plastisax, but is essentially a primitive accordion.
Little Pump Reeds features
- Core instruments/articulations
- Shruti Box 1 (soft)
- Shruti Box 1 (hard)
- Shruti Box 1 (crossfade / MW patches)
- Shruti Box 2 (soft)
- Shruti Box 2 (hard)
- Shruti Box 2 (crossfade / MW patches)
- Baby Accordion (natural / tight / loosely played)
- Baby Accordion (auto-pump / tight / loosely played)
- Baby Accordion (crossfade / MW patches)
- Plastisax (clean / tight / loosely played)
- Plastisax (dirty with natural reed click sounds / tight / loosely played)
- Plastisax (crossfade / MW patches)
- Extensive read me (.pdf) install, patch and hint documentation.
- Listen exclusive interview w/ Mike and Troels.
- +950 samples, 1.3 GB installed, 0.7 GB .rar download.
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit stereo .wav format.
- Format(s): Kontakt 2 and .wav.
- Note: Native Instruments Kontakt 2.2.4 / 3 full stand-alone retail versions required.
Little Pump Reeds will be available for purchase on 24 September, 2009, for $49 USD.