Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Tonehammer releases Epic Tom Ensemble
Tonehammer has released Epic Tom Ensemble, a multi-sample library dedicated to massive ensemble percussion.
We captured a variety of power articulations, using a combination of high-tuned 10″ – 14″ toms, roto-toms and octabans, various floor toms, bass drums and custom designed mega-toms. Perfect for raging battle scenes or when you just need a really loud boom. We highly recommend trying it with our Epic Dohl, Small Epic Percussion and Bamboo Stick Ensembles. All extensively recorded by some of the very best percussionists in the world, in a high-ceiling glass, stone and tile hall specifically designed for sample recording.
We originally released our two-volume Epic Toms collection with the hope that we’d one day be able to bring it to non-Kontakt users. While we were at it, we decided to give the entire collection a mighty overhaul and add a wealth of new content. We now bring you Tonehammer’s complete Epic Toms.
Epic Tom Ensemble features
- Bass Drum Ensemble: strikes, flams and loose flams, each with 7-10 velocity layers and 10x round-robin.
- Floor Tom Ensemble: strikes and flams, each with 7-10 velocity layers and 10x round-robin.
- Full ensemble: strikes, 8-9 velocity layers, 10x round-robin.
- Full ensemble: rimclicks, 5 velocity layers, 10x round-robin.
- 4 Octabans: strikes, 7-8 velocity layers, 10x round-robin.
- 3 roto toms: strikes, 9-10 velocity layers, 10x round-robin.
- 11″, 12″ & 13″ rack/floor tom set: strikes, 7-8 velocity layers, 10x round-robin.
- Drum Stick clacks: 7-8 velocity layers, 10x round-robin.
- Male vocal ensemble yells and shouting crecendos: each with 2 velocities and 10x round-robin.
- (NEW) 4 custom sound-designed industrial percussion fx patches.
- (NEW) Collection of convolution reverb impulses, captured in our classic epic hall..
- (NEW) Deeply sampled Solo Bass Drum, with 3 different stereo mic positions in two different epic halls. 15-22 velocity layers, 10x round robin.
- (NEW) 6 unique playable ambient multitimbral drones and morphinh soundscapes, all created from Epic Toms source material..
- Core instrument patch mapping and programming improvements.
- Extensive read me install, patch and hint documentation (.pdf).
- Interview w/Mike Peaslee / Troels Folmann on the making of Epic Toms (mp3 interview).
- 28 Kontakt patches and multis, 10 exs24 patches, 11 sfz patches.
- 2478 samples, 1.48 GB installed, 500 MB .rar download.
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz/16Bit stereo .wav format.
Epic Tom Ensemble is available for Kontakt 2/3 at the introductory price of $89 USD until August 1, 2009 (regular price $99 USD).
Note: The Epic Toms Library contains all of the combined original (discontinued) Epic Toms Vol. I and Vol. II libraries, with new features, deep programming improvements and special custom patches, plus the new 600MB complete Solo Epic Bass Drum library and a collection of new playable ambiences and drones.
More information: Tonehammer