Tonehammer has announced the release of Plucked Grand Piano, a library dedicated to deep sampling of plucked and hammer struck grand piano strings.
The Plucked Grand Piano was created by public demand from our users, since its never been properly deep sampled before. We took a world class piano (same as Emotional Piano) through a humiliating process by recording every string with a custom pick, but with more emphasis on round robin (4 pr. string), since the playing style has a percussive quality to it.
The instrument is best described as a hybrid crossbreed between a harp, clavinet, guitar/lute and the unforgettable sound of the harpsichord. In addition we added a bonus hammer-struck articulation, using a custom miniature hammer. The sound has some resemblance to a hammered dulcimer. The fancy naming and branding of the piano is irrelevant to us. We want the samples and music to speak for itself and we hope it speaks to you too.
Plucked Grand Piano features
- Deep Sampled Plucked Grand Piano.
- Powerful custom performance control interface:
- Attack, offset, release control
- Dynamics / velocity control
- Sustain Pedal SFX, with volume control
- Dampening control, with pedal flip button for instant “harp” mode
- Convolution reverb control (includes +45 great custom convolutions)
- Full and lite patches for CPU conservation.
- Articulations: Plucked Grand Piano, Plucked Grand Piano lite, Plucked Grand Piano ultralite, Plucked Grand Piano Uberpeggiator, Hammered Grand Piano, Hammered Grand Piano Uberpeggiator, Basic Grand Dulcimer, Hammered Grand Wetspin, Hammered Grand What, Hammered Grunker, Plucked Grand HelloOperator, Plucked Grand Infader, Plucked Grand PleaseHoldTheLine, Plucked Grand Revsmatter, Plucked Grand Shimmer-ring, Plucked Grand Winderbender.
- 14 .NKI files, 1406 Samples in 44.1Khz/24Bit stereo .wav format.
- Approx. 2.6 GB installed (using Lossless NCW compression (2:1 ratio).
Plucked Grand Piano for Kontakt (compatible with free Kontakt Player) is available to purchase for $99 USD.