Toontrack announces Beatstation
Toontrack has announced Beatstation, a new generation tonal and percussive open surface virtual instrument for Windows and Mac.
Beatstation represents a completely new direction for Toontrack. It is their first foray into tonal sampling and gives the user a complete workstation for creating and editing not just drums, but any kind of instrument.
Andreas Sundgren from Toontrack says:
“Although it is firmly planted in the Toontrack legacy of designing the best percussive virtual instruments Beatstation marks a departure for Toontrack, introducing melodic instruments, REX support, and recording capabilities making it the ultimate open surface sampler for sound designers, producers, musicians and songwriters alike.”
Beatstation key features
- Allows the user to design sound sets by dragging and dropping Wav, REX, MP3 and Toontrack library sounds on to the pads of Beatstation from the Beatstation browser or from the user’s computer hard-drive, mixing and matching any sounds available to build brand new personalized sound sets.
- Records samples.
- Browses and plays back audio and MIDI with all components in the browser drag and droppable into a host application.
- Allows the user to customize their playing surface to fit their needs by designing and changing skins as well customizing the order of the playing surface.
- Compatible sound sets:
- BTX: The Beatstation expansion packs.
- EZX: The EZdrummer expansion packs.
- SDX: Superior Drummer 2.0 expansion packs.
- Toontrack MIDI libraries.
- REX files of any description.
Beatstation will be available in May 2010.