Toontrack releases The Rock Warehouse SDX
Toontrack has announced the release of The Rock Warehosue SDX, a new Superior Drummer expansion library.
This new sound library expansion was recorded by Randy Staub in Vancouver’s world-famous The Warehouse Studio. With mixing credits on some of the best selling rock albums ever (Metallica’s “Black Album”, Nickelback’s “Silver Side Up”, Avril Lavigne’s “Under My Skin”) and a catalogue that spans close to 300 productions, Randy is undoubtedly one of the most prolific and noted producers of the past decades. Add to that The Warehouse Studio’s breathtaking acoustics, mint condition drums tuned to perfection, the best dynamic, ribbon and condenser mics money can buy, chains of rare vintage outboard – all ultimately saturated by one of the only three existing Neve AIR consoles.
The Rock Warehouse SDX comes with a broad scope of drum selections and presents a total of three full kits, two extra kicks, three additional snares and an extensive collection of cymbals. From the modern edge of the Ayotte Custom kit, the warm and round sound of the Gretsch USA Custom set to the massive strike of the Dunnett Titanium drums, your options span from tight and snappy to big and ambient. Simply put: drums, recorded with utmost craftsmanship in one of the finest facilities in the world.
The Rock Warehouse SDX features
- Engineered by Randy Staub (Metallica, Nickelback, Mötley Crüe).
- Recorded through a rare Neve AIR console (originally one of the three consoles custom-built by Rupert Neve exclusively for AIR Studios).
- Approx. 20 GB of raw, unprocessed drums.
- Three complete kits.
- Two extra kicks, three additional snares, three sets of cymbals.
- Additional percussion pieces: tambourine and cowbell.
- Extensive rock oriented MIDI library performed by Ryan Vikedal (ex-Nickelback).
The library is available to purchase for 159 EUR / $179 USD.