Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Topten Software re-releases Cantabile Lite
Topten Software has announced the re-release of Cantabile Lite, a free VST Host for Windows PC.
Cantabile Lite is back! The feature set has changed somewhat however.
The intention here is to make a really simple scratch pad type host. The host to go to when you just want to quickly test a plugin, or as a flexible tool for preset and bank management.
As such all recording and playback capabilities have been removed, but a whole set of new capabilities revolving around plugin, preset and bank management have been added
Changes in Cantabile Lite
- Unlimited racks and plugins.
- Preset morph and randomization tools – inspiration for sound designers.
- Program organiser – easy management of plugin banks.
- Custom controllers (sliders and buttons) on the on-screen keyboard.
- Partial send support – ability to peel of part of a rack’s output and send to up to two other racks (Cantabile Solo inherits this too).
- User tools – ability to launch external programs.
- Fast session switching – where plugins are re-used between sessions.
- Incremental save – for saving presets/banks and sessions with an automatically increasing counter in the filename.
- A/B preset toggling.
- Ability to set the default state for new sessions.
- Ability to show plugin editors as topmost windows.
- Ability to re-open plugin editors when reloading a session.
- Ability to restore a plugin to the state as loaded from session or factory default state.
- Ability to undo all edits to a plugin since opening the plugin editor.
Cantabile Lite 2.0 is available as freeware for Windows PC.
More information: Topten Software