AppBC has released version 1.1.0 of touchAble, an app for controlling Ableton Live from the Apple iPad.
Navigate around your live set with the touch of a finger, tweak Lives mixer, instruments and fx with full automapping and unlimited tracks & parameters. touchAble allows live users to walk away from their computer and perform live from anywhere within Wi-Fi range while keeping latency at a minimum.
- Multitasking enabled (needs iOS 4.2).
- “Disable Sleep” option added.
- Changeable track width: show 8/4/2 tracks at once – Great for Live-performances!
- Changeable clip height: normal size & double size.
- If you decide to show 4 or 2 tracks instead of 8, the mixer-view will automatically show more parameters at once.
- 2 tracks-mode will show volume, send A+B and another parameter of your choice per track.
- “momentary solo/cue buttons” added: a short tap on solo/cue will toggle it on / off, a long tap will toggle on when you begin the touch and toggle off when you lift your finger.
- (optional) “relative faders” added: Instead of jumping to your fingers position the faders will only move the amount that your finger moved before.
- Dedicated stop button.
- Dedicated record button.
- Tempo Control: Drag with your Finger over the BPM counter to increase / decrease the tempo. To change it faster start on the left side, to do it slower drag on the right side.
- Current song position display.
- Communication between touchAble and Live
- Optimized the way touchAble connects to Live – the connection is now even more reliable, stable and faster.
- Changed process of communication between touchAble and Live: Loading & reloading clips is now 10x faster!
- touchAble will automatically be synced and stay updated if you load a new set.
- If you delete / add tracks the set will be updated in the background, no annoying wait-times anymore.
- Server App defaults to touchAble 1 for iPad 1 & touchAble 2 for iPad 2. On Windows it will default do MIDI Yoke 1 & 2.
- Graphic User Interface
- Inertia Scrolling in all Live-related modules (Clips, Mixer, Devices).
- Trigger, recording & stopping animations on clips.
- Moving one view from top to bottom or the other way around will no longer leave the old half empty. The views will switch.
- Lots of design-changes throughout the app. New menu-bar, mixer, clips, cross and more.
- eq8: added highlight to currently selected dot.
- Fixed: Clips now show playstatus after new load / reload.
- Fixed: clips without names now don’t show the name of the clip processed before.
- Fixed: a scene without a name doesn’t use anymore the name the scene processed before.
- Fixed: an issue that rendered the bottom left corner unresponsive.
- Fixed unreadable text on white clips.
touchAble is available to purchase from the iTunes App Store for $24.99 USD.
More information: touchAble