touchAble, iPad app for controlling Ableton updated to v1.1
AppBC has released version 1.1.0 of touchAble, an app for controlling Ableton Live from the Apple iPad.
Navigate around your live set with the touch of a finger, tweak Lives mixer, instruments and fx with full automapping and unlimited tracks & parameters. touchAble allows live users to walk away from their computer and perform live from anywhere within Wi-Fi range while keeping latency at a minimum.
- Multitasking enabled (needs iOS 4.2).
- “Disable Sleep” option added.
- Changeable track width: show 8/4/2 tracks at once – Great for Live-performances!
- Changeable clip height: normal size & double size.
- If you decide to show 4 or 2 tracks instead of 8, the mixer-view will automatically show more parameters at once.
- 2 tracks-mode will show volume, send A+B and another parameter of your choice per track.
- “momentary solo/cue buttons” added: a short tap on solo/cue will toggle it on / off, a long tap will toggle on when you begin the touch and toggle off when you lift your finger.
- (optional) “relative faders” added: Instead of jumping to your fingers position the faders will only move the amount that your finger moved before.
- Dedicated stop button.
- Dedicated record button.
- Tempo Control: Drag with your Finger over the BPM counter to increase / decrease the tempo. To change it faster start on the left side, to do it slower drag on the right side.
- Current song position display.
- Communication between touchAble and Live
- Optimized the way touchAble connects to Live – the connection is now even more reliable, stable and faster.
- Changed process of communication between touchAble and Live: Loading & reloading clips is now 10x faster!
- touchAble will automatically be synced and stay updated if you load a new set.
- If you delete / add tracks the set will be updated in the background, no annoying wait-times anymore.
- Server App defaults to touchAble 1 for iPad 1 & touchAble 2 for iPad 2. On Windows it will default do MIDI Yoke 1 & 2.
- Graphic User Interface
- Inertia Scrolling in all Live-related modules (Clips, Mixer, Devices).
- Trigger, recording & stopping animations on clips.
- Moving one view from top to bottom or the other way around will no longer leave the old half empty. The views will switch.
- Lots of design-changes throughout the app. New menu-bar, mixer, clips, cross and more.
- eq8: added highlight to currently selected dot.
- Fixed: Clips now show playstatus after new load / reload.
- Fixed: clips without names now don’t show the name of the clip processed before.
- Fixed: a scene without a name doesn’t use anymore the name the scene processed before.
- Fixed: an issue that rendered the bottom left corner unresponsive.
- Fixed unreadable text on white clips.
touchAble is available to purchase from the iTunes App Store for $24.99 USD.
More information: touchAble