Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
TubeOhm releases VOX Populus
TubeOhm has released VOX Populus, a vocoder plug-in for Windows PC.
VOX Populus contains a VST insert effect and a VST instrument.
- With the insert effect external audio signals/tracks can route into the vocoder.
- With the instrument you can use samples and generate new synthesizer sounds using the frequency spectrum from the samples.
VOX Populus features
- Filterbank with 17 filters, 12/24/dB and manual mode.
- Pitch shift +/-1 oct.
- Voice/unvoice detector.
- Master filter attack for all 17 filters.
- Filter release – can be switched for all or for a single filter.
- Analysis sampler, using *.wav 16/24 bit.
- Synthesis sampler, using *.wav 16/24 bit, synthesis synthesizer 6 voices polyphony, can produce super saw/ squ/tri signals.
- 2 over-tone modules, add more overtone-frequencies to the synthesis signal.
- Input matrix – select the input routing.
- Fine-tune matrix – tune each filter 30% up or down.
- Filter matrix – route analysis filter to different synthesis filter.
- Live matrix – XY matrix automate filter release, filter pitch and synth/sampler pitch.
- Dynamic mute original to vocoder signal.
- Stereo chorus 2/4 stages, Stereo reverb, Stereo delay, sync to host.
VOX Populus is available for Windows (VST) for 129 EUR. Price for registered Fluid 1.5 users is 89 EUR. A demo version is available for download from the product page.
Visit TubeOhm for more information and audio demos.