u-he has announced the release of ACE (Any Cable Everywhere), a virtual synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
The software synthesizer ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) delivers top quality sound at a highly competitive price. The selection of modules and clear layout make ACE the ideal instrument for newcomers delving into the fascinating world of modular synthesis. The number of ways to connect modules together is practically infinite, and you will soon discover how much more fun it is to make your own sounds in ACE than in a non-modular synthesizer.
- 25 signal sources, 30+ signal targets, some paths wired internally so that it makes noise even without a single cable attached (think ARP 2600).
- Exceptional sync /w FM (VCO1->VCO2, think Crossmodulation).
- LFOs that can be used as additional VCOs an vice versa.
- Exceptional filter sound including convincing self oscillation.
- Support for .tun files.
- 500+ presets.
- 2 x LFO (1 sine, 1 sine/tri/saw/sqr) 0Hz – 20kHz
- 2 x ADSR (same as Bazille)
- 2 x VCO (saw/pwm) 0Hz – 20kHz, VCO1 with SubOsc
- 2 x VCF (two variable outlets each: LP1/LP2/LP3/LP4, HP/BP/BR)
- 2 x VCA/Pan
- 2 x Multiples (as in Bazille)
- 1 x Mixer (Osc balance, Sub, Noise, Aux)
- 1 x Ramp Generator (up->hold->down->rest, loops if rest < 100)
- 1 x Mapping Generator (creates variable values for each note or key, can be used as custom waveform for LFO2)
- 1 x noise (white, pink)
- 1 x the common extras, such as Glide/Glide2
- 1 x stereo chorus (global)
- 1 x ping pong delay (global)
- 1 x Bass/Treble booster (global)
ACE is available to purchase as an instrument plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for 69 EUR (includes 19% VAT, ca. 85 USD net when bought from overseas).