u-he has released version 2 of More Feedback Machine, an ultra flexible delay effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
More Feedback Machine has always been a synonym for ultra-flexible delay effects ranging from bread & butter to weird rhythmic deconstruction. In the early days of native plugins, MFM1 was well ahead of its time. MFM2 carries on the tradition and extends it into the future.
The idea behind MFM was to give the musician as much control over 4 individual delay lines as possible, have them interact, and offer easy ways to modulate delay parameters in realtime.
More Feedback Machine v2.0 highlights
- 4 identical delay lines provide for 4 taps – each with panning, filter, output level and lots of feedback options.
- Feedback matrix, several pre-defined matrices that cover most needs for almost any type of delay effect, including ping pong, multitap and feedback delay networks for reverb-type effects.
- Delay lines have a resonant multimode filter in the feedback path, which can also be placed at other points in the signal flow.
- Matrix Effects add further means to mangle the delay feedback: saturation, bitreduction, frequency shifting (sideband filter) and phasing effects for each of both pairs (delay lines 1 & 2 and 3 & 4).
- Modulation, virtually everything can be modulated.
More Feedback Machine v2.0 is available for $79 USD. A demo is available as well (Vinyl-like crackles are occasionally emitted after 2 minutes of usage).