u-he sneaks Satin tape machine effect plugin
In advance of the Musikmesse, u-he has sneaked a peak of the Satin “authentic tape simulation and beyond” plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Urs Heckmann on Satin:
Basically… Satin is not just a tape emulation. I’m thinking of it as “all of tape”
Without being modelled after specific gear like Diva, Satin still has a mix and match approach. There are various pre-equalisation and post-equalisation curves to choose from as well as various noise reduction techniques and a choice of tape speed, plus a few head/gain adjustments. The sound of tape ranges from subtle to drastic. The adjustable noise level is irresistable.
- Continuous tape speed control from 7.5 to 30 ips.
- Saturation with realistic bias and hysteresis, wow & flutter.
- Rec/repro equalisation, selectable industry-standard curves.
- Tape delay with up to 4 repro heads, on-the-fly flanging.
- Head adjustments, various coating formulae.
- No squirrels or other rodents inside.
Satin is expected to be released in May, 2013.
More information: u-he