u-he updates DIVA virtual analog synthesizer to v1.1
u-he has released version 1.1 of DIVA, the “Dinosaur Impersonating Virtual Analogue Synthesizer” for Windows and Mac.
Good news! Here’s the Diva update you have been waiting for. We locked ourselves away in our lab and squeezed as many CPU cycles out of Diva as humanly possible, all for the sake of one thing: Performance!
Diva 1.1 is now ready for download on her brand new product page. As always with u-he products, the update is free. Simply download the appropriate installer, follow the instructions and you’re good to go.
Note: We have also made subtle changes to the basic sound quality, improving the transient behaviour and adding some “sheen”. Although these changes will certainly be recognized as improvements, we recommend that you render your existing projects before upgrading.
Changes in Diva v1.1
- Multi-threaded operation allows use of multi-core capabilities.
- In many cases, Diva’s filters are now a lot faster.
- White-noise DC-offset removed.
- Panning inverted to make it correct.
- Triggered notes sound more coherent.
- Sonic improvements (more harmonics, less noise in VCF and synced oscillators).
- New feature “Transient Mode” can reset DC-blockers and filter states on attack.
- Completely new MIDI-learn mode.
- Presets can be revealed in Finder (OSX) or opened in Explorer (Windows).
- Drag & drop presets in Cocoa view (Mac).
- Better file error messages for windows.
- Log written if a file named Diva.log exists on the desktop.
- Deadlocks that some experienced under Windows are gone.
- No more unwanted legato mode after preset selection.
- No more crashes after invalid file access.
- All Notes Off releases current notes instead of killing them.
- MIDI preset change no longer forgets modulator section.
- Init preset is correct in the presence of MIDI Banks.
- No more crashes after long silence.
Diva for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $179 USD (excl. VAT in EU).