Universal Audio 4-710d, Four-Channel Tone-Blending Mic Preamp now shipping
Universal Audio has announced that the highly anticipated 4-710d Four-Channel “Twin-finity” Mic Preamp & DI with Dynamics is now shipping.
As the newest member of UA’s popular analog hardware lineup, the 4-710d combines boutique-quality tube and solid state tones with smart, modern features like tone-blending, dynamics, and digital outputs — making the 4-710d the most flexible preamp in UA history.
At the core of the 4-710d are four channels of tone-blending “Twin-finity” mic preamps with true-bypass 1176-style compression, plus four additional line inputs feeding eight channels of pristine analog-to-digital conversion. Based on the original TEC award-winning 710 Twin-Finity preamp — favored by engineers including Al Schmitt (Jackson Browne, Dr. John, Diana Krall) and Matt Boudreau (The Samples, Sean O’Brien) — each of the four mic preamp channels allows for continuously variable tone between 100% tube and 100% solid-state.
- Four TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity™ microphone/line preamps.
- Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid-state preamps.
- Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy.
- Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel.
- Eight channels of ultra high quality 24-bit A/D conversion.
The 4-710d is available and shipping now with a MAP price of $1999 USD.