Universal Audio announces Apollo audio interface
Universal Audio has announced Apollo, a high-resolution audio interface that combines UA’s analog design heritage with esteemed UAD Powered Plug-Ins in a sleek, elegant recording system for Mac and PC.
With Apollo, music producers and performers can finally track through UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time, via a professional 18 x 24 FireWire/Thunderbolt™-ready audio interface that delivers class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz sound quality.
“Apollo is the culmination of 10 years of analog and digital audio development here at UA,” said Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio founder. “In many ways, it’s brought the analog and digital sides of our company together. With Apollo, we’re delivering the sound, feel, and flow of analog recording with all the conveniences of modern digital equipment, including next-generation Thunderbolt technology.”
Apollo is, first and foremost, a well-built, high-resolution audio interface, featuring premium mic preamps and top-end converters to deliver the lowest THD and highest dynamic range in its class. Its Core Audio and ASIO* drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs, including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more. Moreover, Apollo’s Console application and companion Console Recall plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS) provide control and recall of all interface and UAD plug-in settings within individual DAW sessions, even months and years later.
- 18 x 24 FireWire/Thunderbolt™-ready audio interface for Mac and PC*.
- Realtime UAD Processing for low-latency (sub-2ms) tracking and mixing w/ UAD Powered Plug-Ins**.
- Premium mic preamps, top-end converters, and uncompromising analog design.
- Front-panel controls for all commonly used features.
- Full recall of interface and UAD plug-in settings within DAW sessions via Console Recall plug-in (VST/RTAS/AU).
- 8 analog inputs: 4 digitally controlled analog mic preamps; 8 balanced line inputs; 2 front-panel JFET DIs.
- 14 analog outputs: 8 balanced line outs; 2 digitally-controlled analog monitor outs; 2 dedicated stereo headphone outs.
- 10 channels of digital I/O: 8 channels of ADAT; 2 channels S/PDIF; Wordclock I/O.
- Dual FireWire 800 ports (standard).
- Thunderbolt I/O Option Card for connectivity to new Macs and PCs (card sold separately) †.
- Available in DUO Core and QUAD Core processor models.
- Includes “Analog Classics”.
- plug-ins: LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer.
The Apollo High-Resolution Audio Interface will be available in both DUO CORE and QUAD CORE processing formats (with either two or four Analog Devices SHARC processors, respectively). Apollo will be shipping in the first quarter of 2012, with an estimated street price of $1,999 (DUO processing model) and $2,499 (QUAD processing model). Apollo’s Thunderbolt Option Card will be shipping in the first half of 2012, with an ESP of $499 USD.
* Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7; Windows 7 support coming Summer 2012.
** All trademarks are recognized as property of their respective owners. Individual UAD Powered Plug-Ins sold separately.
†Thunderbolt I/O option card coming Summer 2012.