Universal Audio has announced the Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Collection, Sonnox Oxford Envolution, and the exclusive Marshall JMP 2203 guitar amplifier, three new direct developer plug-ins for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces.
Marshall JMP 2203 Guitar Amplifier Plug-In — $199 USD (Upgrade for owners of any UAD Marshall plug-in — $149 USD)
Developed by Softube exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces, the Marshall JMP 2203 plug-in is an emulation of the legendary ultra-flexible 100-watt amplifier used by everyone from Iron Maiden and Slayer, to Jeff Beck and My Bloody Valentine. All Marshall plug-ins include UA’s Unison technology; Apollo user’s guitar pickups will see the exact impedance load as if they’re plugged into a vintage Marshall amp — a feature found only on Apollo audio interfaces.
Introduced in 1975, the JMP 2203 is widely regarded as one of Marshall’s premier amplifier designs. The amp quickly caught on with players of all stripes with its abundance of dense crunch and power.
Marshall JMP 2203 Plug-In features
- The world’s only authentic and licensed plug-in emulation of the classic Marshall JMP 2203 amplifier.
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original JMP 2203.
- Five essential virtual microphone options.
- Over 50 presets designed by legendary AC/DC engineer Tony Platt.
Sonnox Oxford Envolution — $249 USD
Developed by Sonnox, the Oxford Envolution is a frequency-dependent envelope shaper that can add presence/distance to drums, piano, guitar, and any other percussive content. With separate transient and sustain sections, the Envolution can radically modify the sound of sources, boosting sustain for added ambience or cutting it for quick, precise gating.
Providing a balance between flexibility and ease of use, the Envolution offers greater control of presence in a mix than an EQ or compressor, and it can also be used to generate negative ratio compression effects.
Sonnox Oxford Envolution Plug-In features
- Comprehensive control of key shaping parameters including attack, hold, and release.
- Separate and frequency dependent control of transients and sustain.
- Tilt/parametric targeting of frequencies.
- Huge gain ranges: Transients ±24 dB; Sustain -48 dB to +24 dB.
- Warmth control for harmonic saturation/tone shaping.
Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Plug-In Collection — $299 USD (Upgrade for UAD bx_digital V2 plug-in owners — $49 USD)
The Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Collection is a dramatic reimagining of the bx_digital V2 EQ plug-in — a state-of-the-art mastering EQ and M/S (mid/side) processor and indispensable tool for many of the world’s top mixing, mastering, and post-production engineers.
The bx_digital V3 EQ adds a Dynamic EQ section, radically updated filters, and a new proportional Q mode to the already powerful M/S capabilities of the plug-in. New user-friendly features also include Gain Scale and three tones of focus for the onboard Bass and Presence ‘Shifters’.
Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Plug-In Collection features
- Precise Mid/Side mastering processor and EQ with expanded feature set.
- Comprehensive controls for stereo and Mid / Side panorama, levels, and stereo width.
- EQ features extended frequency range, proportional Q bandwidth, and Auto-solo function for critical listening applications.
- Revamped Dynamic EQ/De-esser section.
- Gain Scale feature for artifact-free alternative to Dry / Wet processing.
All three plug-ins will be released as part of UAD Software v8.5 in early February 2016.
More information: Universal Audio