Universal Audio releases Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection + UAD Software v7.7
Universal Audio has announced the release of the Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection for its UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces.
The Neve 1073 channel amplifier is easily the most revered preamp and EQ circuit ever designed. Introduced in 1970, this hallowed class-A, transistor mic/line amp with EQ epitomizes the beautiful “Neve sound,” with unparalleled clarity, sheen, and bite.
In 2006, Universal Audio released the legacy Neve 1073 and 1073SE plug-ins, which quickly became a staple for in-the-box mixing and mastering engineers worldwide. Today, UA’s team of engineers have improved upon the original and incorporated — for the first time ever — all 10 clipping points from the preamp and EQ circuitry, as well as Unison™ technology integration with the award-winning Apollo and Apollo Twin audio interfaces. The result is the all-new Neve 1073 plug-in — a true end-to-end circuit emulation of the original Neve 1073 channel amplifier that delivers its trademark grit and harmonically rich class-A saturation.
In addition, the all-new Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ plug-in features presets from famous Neve 1073 users, including Joe Chiccarelli (The Strokes, U2), Ed Cherney (Bonnie Raitt, The Rolling Stones), Jacquire King (Kings of Leon, Norah Jones), Joel Hamilton (Pretty Lights, Sparklehorse), Dave Isaac (Prince, Marcus Miller), Ryan Hewitt (Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Avett Brothers), and more.
“The new Neve 1073 plug-in is one of our most ambitious projects to date,” says Universal Audio CEO Bill Putnam Jr. “We are proud to bring such an exacting emulation of this legendary piece of hardware to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform.”
The collection is available for purchase for $299 USD ($149 USD for owners of the legacy Neve 1073/1073SE Classic Console EQ Plug-Ins). It includes the legacy Neve 1073 and 1073SE “DSP light” plug-ins and is part of the new UAD Software v7.7.
Changes in UAD Software v7.7
- Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection – Featuring UA’s groundbreaking Unison™ technology, the all-new Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Plug-In Collection for Apollo and UAD-2 provides all the features, unique circuit behaviors, and sonics of Neve’s original hardware design. The Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection is available from the UA Online Store for $299 ($149 for owners of the legacy Neve 1073 / 1073SE Classic Console EQ Plug-Ins).
- AAX 64 Windows 7 Support for Pro Tools 11 – Now Windows 7 Pro Tools users can benefit from AAX 64 features such as offline bounce, AudioSuite processing for file-based workflows, and multi-mono plug-in support. UA will continue to support RTAS Windows versions of UAD plug-ins for Pro Tools 10 users.
- Mac Thunderbolt PCIe Audio Driver Support – New ultra-fast PCIe audio drivers are here for Apollo and Apollo 16, providing high-bandwidth, low-latency performance on all Thunderbolt-equipped Macs. This update works with existing Thunderbolt Option cards via a free firmware update.
- Expanded Compatibility for Apollo Twin and UAD Devices – With the included free firmware update, Apollo Twin users can add even more UAD plug-in processing power by chaining a UAD-2 Satellite (via Thunderbolt-to-FireWire adapter) or UAD-2 PCIe card (via a supported Thunderbolt Chassis) to their system.
- Console Input Labeling (“Scribble Strips”) – This update enables Apollo Console users to rename all channels in the Console application. The names are stored globally and won’t be erased when opening and closing new sessions.
The new UAD Software v7.7 is now available to download.
More information: Universal Audio