Universal Audio releases the EMT 250, a classic reverb powered plug-in for the UAD-2 platform.
Introduced in 1976, the EMT 250’s distinctive clear and open reverb sound has appeared on countless records, including Prince & The Revolution’s Purple Rain, Elvis Costello’s Spike, and modern classics like The Red Hot Chili Pepper’s Stadium Arcadium. Re-engineered by Universal Audio alongside EMT 250 creator Dr. Barry Blesser — and fully endorsed by EMT Studiotechnik GmbH — the EMT 250 Powered Plug-In goes beyond emulation by using the very same algorithm found in these extremely rare units.
EMT 250 Classic Electronic Reverberator features
- Faithful recreation of the EMT 250 reverb unit, widely considered one of the best-sounding reverbs ever built.
- Very same algorithm found in the original, repurposed for plug-in use in conjunction with original EMT 250 designer Dr. Barry Blesser.
- Modeled from Allen Sides’ EMT 250 “golden unit” at Ocean Way Recording.
- Additional EMT 250 effects also included: Delay, Phasing, Chorus, Echo, and Space.
- Fully endorsed by EMT Studiotechnik GmbH as the world’s only authentic emulation.
- Additional exclusive “UAD Powered Plug-In” features include Dry/Wet Mix, Wet Solo, and Hard Bypass via the lighted EMT power icon.
EMT 250 is available for purchase for $249 USD (requires a UAD-2 DSP accelerator card).
More information: Universal Audio