Universal Audio has announced the release of the Thermionic Culture Vulture Plug-In for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces.
For more than 15 years, the British-made Thermionic Culture Vulture has set the standard for studio-grade, high-gain valve distortion, yielding a palette of vivid distortion colors on countless genre-spanning recordings. Thanks to an intense multi-year engineering effort from Universal Audio, producers and engineers can now track and mix with the only authentic circuit emulation of this one-of-a-kind valve distortion tool.
The Thermionic Culture Vulture plug-in models the original hardware’s three distinct all-valve circuit topologies and features Universal Audio’s first ever pentode tube circuit model. The Culture Vulture plug-in also offers two features not found on the original hardware — a Dry/Wet Parallel Mix control and a Link function for a perfectly matched stereo image to maximize workflow and preserve balances.
In addition, the all-new Thermionic Culture Vulture plug-in features presets from famous Culture Vulture users, including Tony Maserati (Alicia Keys, Beyoncé), Rik Simpson (Coldplay, Portishead), Eric “ET” Thorngren (Talking Heads, Cyndi Lauper), Peter Katis (The National, Interpol), Chris Coady (Grizzly Bear, TV on the Radio), and more.
Thermionic Culture Vulture Plug-In features
- The world’s only authentic emulation of the legendary high gain, dual-stage valve distortion unit.
- Can subtly alter or completely transform a single track or an entire mix with valve coloration.
- Dial in rich harmonic content with three diverse valve topologies — including UA’s first ever pentode tube emulation.
- Includes parallel Dry/Wet processing and Link controls not found on the original hardware.
- Requires a UAD DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Audio Interface available from authorized dealers worldwide.
The plug-in is available for purchase for $299 USD.