Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Universal Audio releases UAD Software Version 5.4.0
Universal Audio has announced the release of UAD Software Version 5.4.0 for the UAD Powered plug-in platform.
This free downloadable update includes three new and highly anticipated UAD Powered Plug-Ins: FATSO Jr. & Sr. Analog Tape Simulators (UAD-2), EMT 250 Classic Electronic Reverberator (UAD-2), and Neve 31102 & 31102SE Classic Console EQs (UAD-2 and UAD-1). These new plug-ins can be freely auditioned in a 14-day demo mode. UAD Software v5.4.0 also provides significant RTAS performance improvements for Pro Tools users, integrated UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop support, and other enhancements for Windows-based users.
Changes in UAD Software Version 5.4.0
- All Platforms
- New EQ plug-ins: UAD Neve 31102 and 31102SE.
- (UAD Meter) 1176SE no longer uses 1176LN RunOn setting in plug-ins tab.
- (Fairchild) Automation is no longer overwritten when controls are linked.
- (UAD 4K Channel Strip) Clicking “OFF” labels now disable HP and LP filters.
- (Cooper Time Cube) Improved control resolution in lower ranges.
- New special plug-ins: UAD EL7 FATSO Jr. and FATSO Sr.
- New reverb plug-in: UAD EMT 250.
- (UAD-2) Reduced host loads on multiprocessor systems.
- (UAD-2) Improved host CPU spiking/dropouts in Vista.
- (AU) Removed Fairchild Mono Audio Units plug-in.
- (VST) Mono(m) plug-ins no longer load on UAD-2 when RunOn is set to UAD-1.
- (UAD-1) Resolved intermittent kernel panic on certain systems during driver install, driver load, or system wake.
- Additional UAD RTAS presets.
- Fixed issue with enabling Tempo Sync in CS-1, DM-1, and DM-1L.
- Pasting 1176LN/SE or LA-2A settings via UAD preset menu no longer zeros parameter values.
- (UAD-2) Latency is now 1x the hardware I/O buffer size instead of 2x.
- (Mac) Pro Tools 8 no longer hangs using Precision Multiband on UAD-2.
More information: Universal Audio