Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Universal Audio releases UAD Software Version 5.5.0
Universal Audio has released version 5.5.0 of the UAD Software installers.
UAD Software Version 5.5.0 represents another step forward for the award-winning UAD Powered Plug-In platform.
It includes the colourful new Trident A-Range Classic Console EQ plug-in for UAD-1 and UAD-2, enhancements for EMT 250 and 1176LN/SE plug-ins, and performance improvements for Mac users.
Changes in UAD Software Version 5.5.0
- New EQ plug-in: UAD Trident A-Range Classic Console EQ
- 4-band active EQ modeled from one of only 13 original Trident A-Range desks
- Licensed and endorsed by Trident Audio Developments, created by Universal Audio
- Unique filter response curves modeled to exacting detail
- Inductor-based EQ design yields band interaction between bell and shelving filters
- Unique ability to combine cut filters for unusual filtering responses
- Cosmetics match the original module’s “aubergine” (eggplant) finish
- (EMT 250) New Noise parameter optionally eliminates modeled noise floor
- (EMT 250) Improved Wet/Dry slider mouse tracking
- (1176LN/SE) Added output dB labels for controls view and automation
- (RTAS) Mellowmuse ATA plug-in and manual are updated to version 1.4 (Vista users: see note below)
- (Mac) UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop now supports “Higher Performance” graphics mode
- (Mac) Resolved Err -50, Not Responding, and Kernel Panic errors with UAD-2 Duo & Quad
- (Mac) Resolved excessive UAD-2 unload times when quitting Logic Pro
- (Mac) Resolved UAD-1e wake from sleep issue on some Mac Pro systems
- (Mac) Fixed scrolling of horizontal controls which were previously reversed