Universal Piper Virtual Bagpipe released
Universal Piper is a high-definition virtual bagpipe instrument for Windows and Mac.
It is not only dedicated to DAW usage but aims also to approach the specific experience of playing a real bagpipe when used with one specific midi chanter available on the market.
It’s a software sampler dedicated to bagpipes. Today it is loaded with a GHB library but other bagpipe sounds will be soon available.
Universal Piper features
- Sculpt your sound
- Adjust the pitch and the gain on each chanter note,
- Balance power beetween right hand/left hand,
- Pan the drones and adjust their power,
- Tune them like in real life!
- Fine tune the pipe: chanter and drones alltogether.
- Add some effects
- Equalize your sound just as you wish,
- Add some reverb,
- Detune the whole pipe,
- Add even a valve noise or a tired piper with the “Humanize” factor.
- Empower your midi practice play
- Choose a mode to use hybrid scales.
- Pilot the software with midi orders, PC to switch presets, CC to start the drones, …
- Listen to midi or bww files with the Universal Piper sound.
- When listening to bww files you can widen or stress the duration of gracenotes.
- Each preset has to scales, one natural and one tempered, they can be tuned separately and recalled with a CC midi command.
- Play the pipe with low-level(!) chromatic instruments such as a piano or a guitar!
- “Override” command aligns every preset on a A reference value, so you don’t have to re-tune when playing in a band and switching from one preset to another.
Universal Piper is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/Standalone) for 49 EUR.
More information: Universal Piper