Uppercussion has announced the release of Vocalisms, a collection of 58 drum kits made exclusively from sounds produced by the human voice and mouth.
The VOCALISMS drum kits feature all kinds of vocal percussion: beatbox, shouts, buzzes, chirps, hard consonants, exaggerated vowels, phonetic exploration and a lot of experimentation. Each kit includes the standard drums such as kicks, snares, hihats, cymbals and toms, but also melodic elements such as bass lip buzzes, tonal hits and other sung one shots.
The sounds in Vocalisms are 100% “orally originated”, meaning that no other non-vocal sounds were used and the human voice is the only sound source…even if it doesn’t always sound like it. The samples were processed in a plethora of different ways to give an even broader palette of drum kit sound possibilities.
- 58 drum kits in 4 categories (Advocal, Evocal, Havocal, and Provocal).
- 928 samples, 16 samples per kit (24-bit, 44.1 kHz).
- Formats include Ableton Live Pack, Maschine, Geist, Battery, Kontakt, EXS24, Halion and Reason NN-XT, and single WAV samples.
- Sample folders are easily accessible and sorted by sound type.
- Total size is 120 MB.
- Additional Ableton Live Pack content:
- 58 Live Clips.
- 58 MIDI patterns (one in each Live Clip).
- 8 Macro assignments per kit.
The sample pack is available to purchase for $49 USD. The Ableton Live Pack is only sold through Ableton.com, priced at $49 USD / 39 EUR.