URS releases Phat C (Public Beta)
URS has announced the release of a public beta of Phat C, a multi purpose analog sounding compressor for individual tracks and buses.
It replicates characteristics of not one but many hardware compressors . It’s Input Stage adds saturation to color and effect the compressor’s response to different program material. The six saturation models recreate vintage harmonics and soft clipping that effect transients before compression. Our combination of saturation and compression produces a fat sound with attitude! Phat C.
We have included a Spank mode for those that need to spank their transients even harder!
URS Phat C features
- Six saturation models: VCA, Opto, Fet, Transformer, Tape, Tube.
- A Saturation Wet/Dry Mix slider let’s you blend just the right amount of saturation.
- Selectable Ratios offer soft knee for 1.2:1 and 1:5.1 and normal knee for 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 6:1, 8:1, 10:1.
- Two different Attack algorithms – Fast and Normal.
- Adjustable Release time from 50ms to 3 seconds.
- The URS Phat Compressor features a Wet/Dry mix slider to allow you to add back the untouched transients to the mix.
- A built in hi-pass filter with three frequencies – 20Hz, 25Hz and 30Hz.
Phat C is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for the introductory Public Beta price of $99.99 USD until January 31, 2010 (regular price $249.99 USD).