UVI releases Mello virtual instrument for UVI Workstation & MachFive
UVI has announced the release of Mello, an authentic-sounding software recreation of the tape-based Mellotron instrument.
With Mello we’ve aimed to deliver a complete and authentic recreation of this prolific instrument. Dozens of original tapes were multi-sampled on 3 different machines in order to give you the best representation of each of the 28 available sounds. To capture the live experience the key noise and inner mechanical sounds were stereo recorded, including tape noise and key-off sounds, and are all mixable to taste.
To make Mello even more versatile we’ve added a few tricks of our own, including an analog-modeled tape delay, reverb, a custom unison mode to give you stereo sound without unwanted transposition or chorusing, a switchable multimode filter, a 3-band EQ and more.
Mello delivers a warm and buttery tone indistinguishable from the original and is, in every way we could make it, a perfect tribute to the quintessential studio instrument of the 60’s.
- Pristine and comprehensive sample library from 3 original machines.
- Mixable key and mechanical noise for authentic experience.
- Switchable keyboard range (original or extended).
- Stereo modes including custom unison.
- Switchable multimode filter with cutoff and resonance.
- ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter with velocity sensitivity.
- 3-band EQ with sweepable mid frequency.
- Built-in SparkVerb.
- Analog-modeled tape delay.
UVI’s Twitter followers and Facebook fans can download Mello at no cost for the first three months (MSRP $99 USD). Requires iLok.