Variety Of Sound has announced the release of Rescue MK2, a freeware analog style modelled signal designer for Windows.
Rescue MK2 is the major overhaul of the analog style modelled signal designer already introduced back in 2007. It is a sophisticated mid/side based transient processing device which not only allows detailed ’3D’ imaging control but also fancy transient compression and distortion with dynamics that remains vibrant and alive.
Rescue MK2 offers transient handling ‘smooth like cake’, stateful saturation and an authentic analog signal path emulation 2.0.
Changes in Rescue MK2
- Some internal routing changes are streamlining the workflow per channel.
- Based on true stateful signal saturation algorithms, it provides way smoother transient management and distortion.
- Better support for different gain-staging levels is introduced.
- The analog style signal path emulation is a complete rework.
- The manual is completely rewritten.
Rescue MK2 is a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows.
More information: Variety Of Sound