Variety Of Sound updates FerricTDS to v1.5 public beta
Variety Of Sound has released a public beta of version 1.5 of FerricTDS, a free compression effect plug-in for Windows.
This version is not backward compatible and should be installed seperately to the 1.0.2 release (new plug-in ID is provided therefore). It should not be used in any actual production or performance due to the beta status and potential further issues and changes.
Changes in FerricTDS v1.5 public beta
- Zero latency processing, latency is correctly reported to host now.
- 100% flat frequency and phase response, allows external dry/wet mixing.
- Optimized saturation and limiting performance with more relaxed sound.
- Limiter offers true and accurate brickwall limiting now (in 100% position).
- ~40% cpu savings (depends on actual board+cpu).
- Audio crackles while loading and on/off operation fixed.
- Input level adjustment option added (output volume compensated).
- TRIM knob range extended to -6/+6 dB.
- Internal gain staging has slightly changed and output volume performance is not compatible to 1.0.2.
- New plug-in ID.
- Known issues:
- Some stability issues in Cubase SX versions
- Manual not yet included
- Presets not yet adjusted
FerricTDS is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
More information: Variety Of Sound