Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Vienna Symphonic Library releases Solo Strings II
Vienna Symphonic Library has released Solo Strings II, a sample library which features the muted solo instruments violin, viola, cello, and double bass.
The Solo Strings II Collection contains articulations such as muted short and long notes, crescendo and diminuendo variations, as well as Interval Performances like legato, portamento, and trills. Furthermore, additional Performance Legatos with very long notes have been recorded for use in slower parts. Thus, every single pitch and velocity is available in 24 variations, and going the extra mile proved worthwhile!
Solo Strings II features
- Solo Strings Full Library contains 46.5 GB of uncompressed sample data in 44.1kHz/24-bit.
- Interval Performances: Legato with medium, progressive, and without vibrato, portamento, marcato, spiccato
- Fast Interval Performances: Legato
- Performance Trills
- Repetition Performances: Legato, portato, staccato, spiccato
- Fast Repetitions: 16ths from 150 to 190 BPM
- Single notes:
- Short notes: Staccato, short détaché, long détaché, 4 variations each
- Long notes: Sustains with medium, progressive, and without vibrato
- Dynamics: Medium and strong crescendos & diminuendos with vibrato; fp, sfz, sffz, pfp with vibrato
- Artificial harmonics: Staccato, sustains
Solo Strings II is available in a Standard version for $380 USD and the Full version is $664 USD.
Note: If you have registered both the Standard and the Extended Library of the Vienna Instruments Collection Solo Strings I you will automatically receive a Full Library Activation Code upon registering the Standard Library of Solo Strings II before or on January 15, 2009. This means you will get the Extended Library of Solo Strings II for free.
Visit Vienna Symphonic Library for more information and audio demos.