Vienna Symphonic Library releases Vienna Choir
Vienna Symphonic Library has announced the release of Vienna Choir, a 25 GB vocal collection, offering the full range of the human voice with soprano, alto, tenor and bass ensembles.
The human voice is the oldest and most expressive instrument ever. Having redefined the world of virtual orchestration during the past several years, the Vienna Symphonic Library is breaking new ground with this impressive vocal collection.
This project was among the most physically demanding of all of the Vienna Instruments, where the challenges of achieving perfect tone, intonation, consistency, and stamina were directly linked to, and even magnified by, the mechanics of the human body. Given the rigorous criteria for inclusion, the voices of Vienna Choir were cast and assembled exclusively for the recording sessions at the Silent Stage, with each singer hand-selected from Austria’s leading choirs. Hundreds of hours were spent performing with utmost perfection and even a surprising passion that imbues every recorded note and interval, a testament to the professionalism of these outstanding artists.
Vienna Choir features
- Vowels “A” (aah) and “U” (ooh) as staccatos, sustains and Legato Performances, at 4 dynamic levels.
- Staccato repetitions of the syllables “ta”, “pa”, “ra”, “sa”, and “tu”, “pu”, “ru”, “su”.
- Sforzatos, crescendos and diminuendos (2, 3, and 4 seconds).
- Legato Performances.
- Legato Glissando Performances.
- Semi-tone and whole-tone Trill Performances.
- Interval Cluster Performances (3 tone clusters – “A” only).
- “Creepy” tones and breathing noises.
- “Regular” and “espressivo” versions for many articulations.
- Note: All articulations on “A” are part of the Standard Library, articulations on “U” belong to the Extended Library.
Vienna Choir is available to purchase as a sample-based virtual instrument for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/Standalone). The Standard and Extended Libraries are 445 EUR / $615 USD each, the Full Library is 890 EUR / $1,230 USD. Registered users are eligible to download the free mixing and host software Vienna Ensemble.