Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Vienna Symphonic Library releases Vienna Ensemble v2.0
Vienna Ensemble v2.0 features
- Custom-made for hosting Vienna Instruments.
- Stand-alone application, ideal for running Vienna Instruments on external Macs and PCs: 8 ports with 16 MIDI channels each.
- Plug-in formats RTAS (Mac PPC & Intel), AU (Mac PPC & Intel) and VST (PC and Mac PPC & Intel) for use with your host sequencer: 16 MIDI channels per instance.
- Instant instrument switching – immediate access to all instruments within the Vienna Ensemble user interface.
- Click on the on the desired instrument channel and its user interface appears instantly. No more redundant screen clutter.
- Instrument naming – label all Vienna Instruments instances inside Vienna Ensemble for a complete, at-a-glance overview.
- Total recall – save and load your favorite orchestra setup with one click.
- Definable play ranges for multi-instrument set-ups for studio and live use.
- Inserts for AU (Mac) and VST (PC) effect plug-ins.
- Panning and Power Panning for precise positioning.
- Flexible routing with freely assignable busses.
- Separated server solution that utilizes additional free memory, leaving host sequencer memory or memory used by additional Vienna Instruments plug-ins unaddressed.
Vienna Ensemble is available for Windows PC and Mac (PPC/Intel).
Note on the Mac OS X public beta version: Currently it is possible to load up to 3 GB samples using your Vienna Instruments and ADDITIONAL 2.4 GB of samples using the new Vienna Ensemble host software. You can open many Vienna Ensembles (as stand- alone hosts) and fill each with up to 2.4 GB.
Visit Vienna Symphonic Library for more information.