Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Vir2 Instruments releases syntAX
The core of syntAX is a 2000+ patch synth library covering an immense amount of synth territory, including soaring leads, evolving pads, thick basses, harsh distortions, unusual textures, other-worldly atmospheres, FX, hits, blips, and more.
The sound library for syntAX was designed by renowned international sound designers Bunker 8 Digital Labs. Using numerous forms of synthesis and complex combinations and layers of sound design, the library includes more than 2000 innovative and fresh synth patches.
- Over two thousand different synth patches across a wide variety of folders: Arp Attacks, Atmospheres, Basses, Distortions, FX and Hits, Leads, Pads, Phat and Filtered, SyntOrchestra, and Textures
- 3.6GB of 24-bit samples
- The revolutionary scatterFX engine available in all patches
- Remote control of many sonic parameters, including scatterFX and envelope controls, available via MIDI CC
- Independent control of scatFX and stepFX modules
- Resonant filter controllable via modulation wheel
- 16 Preset slots to save custom scatterFX settings
- All rhythmic operations instantly tempo-sync to sequencer hosts
- Customizable input quantization
- Multitimbral operation, supporting up to 64 simultaneous instruments loaded (subject to RAM availability), receiving up to 64 MIDI channels (16 in plug-in mode)
- Kontakt Player 2 engine, supporting standalone operation as well as plug-in operation in all major hosts that support AudioUnit, VST, RTAS, or DXi plug-ins
- Special upgrade pricing to the full version of Kontakt 2, which allows for fuller editing of the instruments
syntAX costs $199.95 USD, and is compatible with both Macintosh and Windows platforms (includes the standalone Kontakt Player 2 application as well as AudioUnit, VST, RTAS, and DXi plug-ins).
syntAX will run in standalone mode and is also compatible with every major sequencing package in the world, including but not limited to: Apple Logic and GarageBand, MOTU Digital Performer, Digidesign Pro Tools (TDM, LE, and M-Powered), Steinberg Cubase and Nuendo, Ableton Live, and more.
Visit Vir2 Instruments for more information and