Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
VirSyn releases BARK – Multiband Filter
VirSyn has released BARK, a multiband filter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The multiband filter BARK takes the approach to match the reception characteristic of the final destination of all sound: the ear. The ear behaves as if it contains a bank of filters, each filter passing frequencies within the critical band. Two tones separated by more than a critical bandwidth are received by the ear independently. For this reason BARK contains a filter bank with 27 bandpass filters matching the critical bandwidth.
- 27 Bark band Equalizer/Compressor.
- Linear phase precision filters for maximal transparency.
- +24 / -48 dB gain change rate per band.
- Surround operation with channel link/unlink (only available for AU / RTAS / VST3 version).
- Minimized latency (12 ms).
- Real time pre/post processing spectrum display.
- Compression parameters overall and per band.
From now till June 30th, 2008 you can buy BARK for 99 EUR (regular price 169 EUR). A fully functional demo is available for download.
Visit VirSyn for more information.