Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
VirSyn releases PRISM
VirSyn has released PRISM, a multi-band pitch shifter which takes a fresh approach to solve the problem of shifting the pitch of complex sound sources in realtime.
PRISM splits the spectrum in 27 bands and applies a different amount of frequency shifting to each band emulating a harmonic pitch shifting. This gives you perfect pitch shifting for all kind of drum sounds over a vast shifting range of +/- five octaves without disturbing the transients or introducing metallic distortions. With harmonic sounds you will get inharmonicities but it’s much better behaved than pure frequency shifting.
- 27 band realtime frequency shifter.
- 27 band equalizer.
- Linear phase precision filters for maximal transparency.
- +/- 5 octaves frequency shift per band.
- Envelope follower controlled pitch modulation..
- LFO controlled pitch modulation..
- Surround operation (only available for AU / RTAS / VST3 version).
- Minimized latency ( 12 ms ).
PRISM is available now, and has an introductory price of 129 EUR instead of 199 EUR until August 31st, 2008. A fully functional/time limited demo version is available for download (a Syncrosoft Dongle is required).
Visit VirSyn for more information.