Voxengo AcuDrums, drum sample library
Voxengo has announced the release of AcuDrums, a professional sound sample library that captures acoustical sound of various drum and cymbal instruments.
The main idea behind AcuDrums library is to capture a maximally pristine and unprocessed contemporary drum kit sound. Library as a whole contains more than 8000 WAV files and takes more than 6 GB of disk space.
Instruments of this library have multiple velocity layers with each velocity layer having 5 sample variations reducing the “machine gun” effect greatly.
Samples for Voxengo AcuDrums were recorded in Voxengo recording studio which has a deep, warm and diffuse sound with less than 200 milliseconds reverb time making it an excellent room for recording “dry”, maximally clear-sounding samples that are great for a further reverb processing.
The microphone placement that was used for sample recording reproduces a 3-dimensional sound stage. For example, the cymbal samples of this library while sounding “in your face” at high velocities sound airy and spacious at low velocities. Instruments of the library when combined together as a kit have a good spatial separation and
placement: they will sound like they were placed on a sound stage, not like they are coming from the same position in space.
It is also important to note that during sampling the instruments were played by an experienced drummer making the recorded samples sound maximally close to how they would sound in an actual drumming performance.
- Up to 16 velocity layers per instrument.
- 5 sample variations per velocity layer.
- Several stick and beater types.
- Several zones per instrument.
- Prolonged decay.
- Hundreds of samples per instrument.
- 44100 Hz 16-bit stereo samples.
- Stored in plain WAV sample files.
- Compatible with Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5/4 (Kontakt Player is supported in demo mode only) and Cakewalk Session Drummer 2 and 3.
- NKI and SFZ instrument files of this library can be additionally loaded in various compatible samplers. Individual WAV files can be loaded in most samplers.
Samples of individual instruments can be purchased separately or in custom bundles (a discount may apply), with the prices currently ranging from $12.95 USD to $19.95 USD per instrument.