Voxengo has released version 2.6 of Crunchessor, a general-purpose track compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Crunchessor offers you a selection of compression coloration styles–by itself a pretty unique feature for a compressor. By choosing an appropriate coloration style, you can add the character most suitable for the sound material you are working with. As an option, you can disable both coloration and valve warming processing to get a neutral and clean compression sound.
Changes in Crunchessor v2.6
- Parameter automation on AU Mac OS X now shows real parameter values.
- Preset “update” function implemented in the preset manager.
- The “VST Function Sync” global switch was added that fixes crashes in some hosts (i.e. Tracktion).
- “Density mode” implemented in level meters.
- The “No Multi-Channel Operation” global switch was added that fixes incompatibility with some non-VST2.3 compliant VST hosts.
- The “Show All Channel Meters” routing switch added.
Crunchessor is available to purchase as an effect plug-in for PC and Mac for $44.95 USD through June 2010 (10% discount).