Voxengo has released version 3.6 of Elephant, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The most remarkable feature of this signal limiter is its ultimate transparency. Elephant brings sound limiting and loudness maximization without any audible “pumping” effects.
Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools. Elephant’s built-in linear-phase oversampling is a new standard in quality peak limiting and loudness maximization.
Changes in Elephant v3.6
- Real-time gain reduction and waveform graphs implemented.
- Mid/side and side-chain routing presets now appear dimmed to reduce confusion.
- Parameter automation on AU Mac OS X now shows real parameter values.
- Preset “update” function implemented in the preset manager.
- The “VST Function Sync” global switch was added that fixes crashes in some hosts (i.e. Tracktion).
- “Density mode” implemented in level meters.
- Occasional extreme CPU overloads eliminated at the expense of average increased CPU load.
- “Pure+3″ output metering mode’s peak indicator is now 3 dB lower.
- “Pure” and “Pure+3″ metering modes are now known as “dBFS” and “dBFS+3″ modes, respectively.
- The “No Multi-Channel Operation” global switch was added that fixes incompatibility with some non-VST2.3 compliant VST hosts.
- DC filter parameters are now specified for all channel groups to avoid phasing problems.
- The “Show All Channel Meters” routing switch added.
- Statistics “reset” function now resets statistics of all channels correctly.
- A minor issue fixed in the dithering stage.
Elephant is available to purchase as an effect plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at $130 USD.