Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Voxengo updates VariSaturator to v1.6
Voxengo has released version 1.6 of VariSaturator, an audio effect plug-in designed to apply saturation effects to audio material.
VariSaturator can be used both to boost the loudness of the audio tracks without increasing their peak levels proportionally, and to apply subtle harmonic coloration that makes tracks sound more pronounced and polished.
Changes in VariSaturator v1.6
- Crossover filter steepness parameter added.
- “Radial” knob mode can be now disabled completely.
- “Off-Line Render” indication added.
- Global level metering parameters added.
- Routing change-related issue fixed.
- Knob read-outs now require a single click for keyboard entry.
- Occasional crashes in WaveLab and other hosts fixed.
- Host sample rate switch-related problem fixed.
- Mouse control issue fixed.
- Minor visual improvements implemented.
VariSaturator is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for $59.95 USD. A demo version is available to download from the product page.