Waldorf has released Alien Vanguard, a soundset for the Waldorf Blofeld by HG Fortune and Dimitri Schkoda.
The Waldorf Blofeld is versatile little monster and a highly suitable candidate to profit from some very special HGF waves in order to push it deeper into outer space with soundscapes and athmospheres. In some way you have a HGFortune hardware synth then, or, to put it precisely a hardware synth with the special HGFortune sound. Accordingly the soundset features mostly patches for ambient, soundscapes, textures and athmospherics, but also some other goodies like classic synthstuff e.g. for typical sequencer sounds. Thus the soundset makes it easy to do some e.g. classic TD style and related music.
Alien Vanguard features
- 2 patchbanks with 128 patches each:
- AlienVanguard HGF-Bank-*.mid by HG Fortune.
- AlienVanguard ID-Bank-*.mid by Dimitri Schkoda.
- 86 wave programs in 5 genres:
- Cpl – complex i.e. mostly layered sounds.
- Scp – soundscapes partly generated from images and as such showing some vivid sonic motion by itself.
- Syn – synthesizer sounds.
- Cho – synthetic choir sounds.
- FX – effect sounds (spacey as well as natural like birds and water).
The soundset is available to purchase for the introductory price of 30 EUR for a limited time.