Waldorf releases Lector vocoder plugin
Waldorf has released Lector, a vocoder effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Robot voices, whispering strings, talking drum loops, rhythmic pads, the resonant ringing of bells, dripping water – the possibilities are all but infinite. With a quick tweak here and there, the Lector turns any incoming signal into novel sounds and effects.
Tremendously versatile, the Lector puts in your hands a sonic toolset for a wide range of diverse applications. Just about anything goes, from distorting the human voice to adding subtle harmonies to lead vocals and getting creative with movie soundtracks.
- 3 to 100 band Vocoder.
- Adjustable range of Analysis Filter Bank.
- Adjustable offsets and LFO modulation of Synthesis Filter Bank.
- 3-band Equalizer with variable mid band.
- Individual Compressors for Speech and Carrier signal.
- Voiced / Unvoiced Detector.
- Overdrive (types Tube, Diode, Clip).
- Stereo Chorus / Flanger, 2 to 6 stages.
- Stereo Delay, syncronizable.
- Sidechain input (VST 3 and Audio Unit).
- Carrier plug-in (VST 2).
- 16-voice Synthesizer (per voice):
- Polyphonic, Monophonic or Free-Running.
- 2 Oscillators, waveforms sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse with pulse width modulation, sample&hold, noise, single and multi sample playback.
- Ring Modulation.
- Portamento / Glissando.
- 1 Filter, types Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass, Notch (12dB and 24dB), Whitening.
- 1 LFO, synchronizable, waveforms sine, triangle, sawtooth, square, sample&hold, noise.
- 2 AR envelopes.
Lector for Windows and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for 199 EUR.