Waldorf has released firmware version 1.15 for Blofeld, a synthesizer offering virtual analog modeling and wavetable synthesis.
The engine inside the heavy duty, full metal chassis of the Blofeld delivers the same fat and rich sound that so many Waldorf users worldwide love when they play their Pulse, Q, Q+, Micro Q, Microwave, Microwave II/XT, or even the flagship Wave.
Yes, you’ve heard it right. The Blofeld is not only capable of producing these warm, organic analog sounds known from the Q synthesizer line, it also sports a wavetable engine like its predecessors with “Wave” in their names.
Changes in Blofeld Firmwave v1.15
- MIDI Clock reception improvement.
- System Exclusive handling.
- Workaround for USB on Apple computers.
- Sample/Wavetable start as Modulation Destination.
- User Wavetables.
- Changing Multi Programs via Bank MSB (CC#0) value 127.
- Local Off for Blofeld Keyboard.
- Minor bugfixes.
Earlier this month Waldorf released the Easter Soundset, a free collection of 128 sounds for the Blofeld from Boele Gerkes and Holger Steinbrink.